Drawing from over eight years of experience offering distance courses, the OnRamps Distance Learning Catalog is a series of online, self-paced professional development modules designed to prepare and support secondary teachers as they transition instructional practice to distance and hybrid learning environments.
The initial offering is comprised of 20 modules categorized in four key areas:
- Belonging, Equity, and Connectivity
- Learner-Centered Course Creation and Design
- Authentic Assessment in Online Learning
- Transforming Learning with Technology Tools
The modules provide middle and high school teachers the opportunity to explore concise, curated content at their own pace.
Serving Teachers Across Texas
In partnership with the Texas Education Agency (TEA), OnRamps is offering the following five modules to all middle and high school teachers employed in a Texas school at no cost to support districts in Instructional Continuity planning. More information can be found on the TEA's Strong Start Resources web page or by viewing our webinar.
- Cultivating Authentic Student-Teacher Relationships in Distance Learning
- Aligning to Synchronous and Asynchronous Experiences
- Learner-Centered Design
- Facilitating Feedback at a Distance to Improve Students' Awareness of Learning Progress
- Student-Driven Self-Monitoring within a Distance Learning Cycle
Completion of these modules meets attestation requirements for both synchronous and asynchronous modalities. Teachers will be awarded one hour of CPE credit for completion of each module.
Educators can engage with the full Distance Learning Catalog (20-25 CPE hours) through a campus or an individual license. Customizable campus and district packages are available by contacting DLC@austin.utexas.edu.
The OnRamps Distance Learning Catalog was established to serve teachers and districts by providing:
- Resources to respond to the changing classroom experience due to COVID-19
- Direct application to instructional environments from 5th grade through college
- Supports for both hybrid and fully online classroom models
- Concise, curated content that users can access at their own pace
- Interactive activities and downloadable documents
- Feedback to the teacher in each area based on a competency-based framework